What Makes a Person a Success?
I just spent the day with a BILLIONAIRE.
You heard me right. BILLIONAIRE.
20 million dollar house surrounded by opulence.
When people think of success, they typically think of those who have a lot of money, power, and fame. Although a person can have all of these things and still be unsuccessful, a person who is not wealthy, powerful, or famous can still be considered successful.
For example, a person may have a successful business and a solid career. He may have a great job and be very well-respected by his co-workers. However, this person still may not have enough money to find a place in the top 10% earners. However, this does not mean that this person is not successful.
BEING “SUCCESSFUL” IS RELATIVE
A person can achieve success in their life in many ways, even if he/she does not take the most prestigious jobs or reach a very high income.
The flip side is true as well. Being successful can also mean making lots of money and there’s nothing wrong with that either. There’s a strange growing trend to vilify the rich when nothing can be further from the truth.
I spent the day with him and his lovely wife, 12 week old daughter and pets. We spoke about many things and he took me for a ride in his golf cart through a beautiful marshland community with blue heron, alligators, eagles and all manner or wildlife. He was very gracious and genuinely a nice guy.
If you provide a service or product people want, you should be paid in proportion to the amount of people you help fix their problem.
SKINNY WALLET DISEASE
That’s what he fixed for people and frankly that’s what I do too. I’ve helped people collectively earn over a billion dollars in income. Uhhhh yeah.
So, what makes a person a success? Consider these traits:
1. Truly successful people know the importance of forgiveness. To a successful person, forgiveness is not something they “should” do, but something that is “natural” for them. If someone offends them, they know that forgiveness will help them move forward.
● Rather than hold on to a grudge or allow the offense to affect their day-to-day happiness negatively, they choose to forgive the offender and move forward with their lives.
● This trait makes them successful because their ability to forgive others relieves them of many of their negative emotions and allows them to focus on moving closer to the goals that they want to achieve.
2. They know when to stay or leave an endeavor. A truly successful person knows when to keep doing the things that they’re already doing and when it’s time to try something new.
● When they’re working on something that they are currently passionate about, successful people stick with their projects and don’t get frustrated or burned out because they feel stymied or bored. When they realize that they no longer enjoy what they’re doing, they move on to something new.
● They rely on their intuition and gut instincts to determine what they should continue doing and which projects they should abandon.
● And usually, they’re right because they have a mountain of experience under their belts, so they can easily recognize when work is no longer worthwhile for them.
3. Successful people don’t fear failure – they welcome it. A truly successful person knows that failure is not harmful. They understand that the only failure is giving up. They know that when they fail, it means that they’re not doing something right and that the failure helps them to learn and grow.
● Loss helps them figure out what they need to do to improve and then continue making progress.
● Many people buy into the concept of overnight success. But we all know that this is impossible. Success comes over a long period, requiring a lot of hard work and patience.
4. They build good habits that help them to succeed. It’s essential to live a balanced life, including eating nutritious food, exercising, and getting plenty of sleep. Successful people have healthy habits that help them maintain their overall health and vitality.
● They recognize that all of the work they put in now will set them up for tremendous success down the road. But that doesn’t mean you need to kill yourself in the quest to succeed.
While money and power can be helpful, they are not essential to success. Success is not contingent upon becoming famous or making a lot of money although money is many times a natural byproduct.
Instead, the key to success is having beneficial habits and adopting positive behaviors. If you can do this, you will be fine regardless of whether you’re rich or poor. But I can tell you from experience, rich is so much more fun.
Be Strong 💪